lunes, 4 de febrero de 2013

flowers in the house and a dove on a branch tree








These are some ciclamen and  a pansy  from my window boxes. Yesterday I was thinking about going to the  flower market  for Jane´s date... but I am unemployed and I am trying to save money. Here in Spain they are a lot of little shops (like the flowershop were I used to work) that are closing down. Is like a vicious circle, you have less money so you try to save it and you spend less.
It is still raining around here, but yesterday we had some sunny moments. The dove at the photo was enjoying one of them.

*

Para la cita mensual con Jane he cortado unas flores de  ciclamen y un pensamiento de mis jardineras. Ayer me estuve planteando bajar al mercado de flores del Arenal para comprar algo. Quizás unas fresias o alstroemerias... Pero continúo en el paro, así que me conformo con lo tengo por aquí. 
Cambiando de tema... ¿alguien vió ayer "Salvados" el programa sobre la educación  en España y Finlandia? Que envidia, aunque como me decía  una amiga esta mañana, seguro que todo no es tan idílico.





14 comentarios:

  1. Your windowbox flowers are charming and your photos magical as ever.

    Thank you for inviting us into your casa.

    xo Jane

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Con lo que llueve mucho, se acerca la primavera. Lo creo. Las flores son bonitas.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I love your sweet little flowers in their vases. This is proof that it doesn't take a great big bouquet of flowers to brighten up a home. Your little arrangements are lovely. :)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Pues a mí me gustan tus flores......seguro que las del arenal no tendrían tanta personalidad.
    Pena que no vi el programa, en cuanto pueda lo busco en inet.
    Animo y un abrazo que seguro que pronto sale el sol.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Lovely pansy ans such pretty cyclamen! Have a good week x

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Lovely flowers and a very good use of what you had on hand. Hope things improve soon.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Aren't pansies just the most lovely flowers? I love their sweet faces, and thanks for reminding me that I must pick them more often. I always find that just one or two blooms like these brightens everything up - nothing fancy, but ever so lovely!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. I agree with Amanda and the little pansy "faces". I love the colors of this one, it is beautiful.

    ResponderEliminar
  9. One happy pansy face makes my day! Especially in the depth of winter.

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Pansies, so gorgeous! I love the frilly edge on the cyclamen.

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Qué lindas las flores en casa!
    Pues no vi Salvados, desde que no tengo tv, hace ya ni me acuerdo cuánto, vivo un poco aislada del mundo, a ver si lo veo por aquí un día de estos.
    Un abrazo

    ResponderEliminar
  12. The single pansy is stunning. I so hope the economy and weather picks up soon x

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Pansys are so cheerful, just what is needed in February!

    It is the same in England about many of the small independent shops, a real struggle for many right now, such a shame.

    I love seeing glimpses of your sunny Spanish life on your blog - my dad lived in Spain for a while in the early '60s when he was a very young man, and we grew up being told how amazing it is and have had many happy holidays in andalucia. Belinda x

    ResponderEliminar